Tuesday, May 18, 2010

what IS brave girls camp?

In the last 8 months I have been to 3 Brave Girls Camps and every time I get back I feel like I have a brand new audience to explain it to.  It's hard for me to put into words exactly what it is.  When people ask me, I usually tell them that Brave Girls Camps are "art and life retreats for women".  But that is SO only on the surface.  And since I don't feel like I could ever EVER do it justice, I'm going to let some other people give it a whirl...I feel like I owe it to the people I've tried my hardest to explain it to, and I owe it to the incredible, magical thing that is Brave Girls Club...

First, meet Suzi Blu (suziblu.ning.com).  She was at this last BGC.  I'd heard nothing but GOOD things about her from my aunt, Melody, who knows her well.  I had no idea what a free-spirited, fun, loving, creative person I was about to meet.  She teaches video art classes online, and since we've been back, I've watched like 4 of her YouTube Videos (suziblutube is her channel...check it out).  I love her personality and how she doesn't try to hide anything.  She is authentic and 100% Suzi on her videos.  I love her...you will too...just watch...


Second is a video made by Brave Girls Club with interviews from other people who have been there..


This is just the tip of the iceberg so-to-speak.  There is SO much more depth and breadth to Brave Girls Camp that I don't think anyone could ever explain.  The only way to know is to go.  Do it.  You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment