Thursday, April 15, 2010

What it's supposed to be...

The best thing I ever heard about blogging came from one of my closest friends. One of my other close friends was talking about a blog post she wanted to do and asked, "Is that too boring or narcissistic?" To which the first friend replied, "It's a blog! It's supposed to be boring and narcissistic!" Hilarious...and true.

I am going to take that to heart today....though I will try to be as un-boring as possible, I can say that this post is a little more for me than it is for you.

First I will say that we are only 3 days into having our home listed and I am already tired of showing it. I mean, it's not bad, but leaving our house with the dog and the baby at the drop of a hat gets old quick. Today, for example, we are at Jeff's mom's house for the afternoon so Jackson can get an uninterrupted nap while someone looks at our house. (The offer we got was at full price, but our realtor thinks we might be able to get a higher offer if we show it a few more times....we're down for that!)

The GOOD thing about having our home listed is that I have all the motivation in the world to keep it looking STELLAR. It feels so good to have everything clean and organized....even the laundry is done. My home looks the way I wish it looked every day. Then to top it off, when people are coming to look at it, I turn all the lights on, and it is extra bright and cheery and looks more like a dream than reality. Then again, I do live a pretty dreamy life.

Today as we were rushing out the door, Jeff was taking a little longer to get something done before we could leave, so I took the chance to take some pictures while we were waiting for him. Because I want you to have an idea of where we're coming from and because I want to remember exactly how our sweet home looks before we start selling everything, I am going to share them. Get ready...there are a LOT.

{Living Room - what you see when you walk in the front door.}


{Master Bedroom}


{Jackson's Room}


{Kitchen}


{Laundry Room}


{Downstairs Bedroom - currently Jeff's little sister who is in college lives here.}


{Bottom of the Stairs....I love this picture}


{Mahone}

No comments:

Post a Comment